Social Icons

twitterfacebooklinkedinemail

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Welcome Home Daddy! Deployment's Over!

Yep, its that time we thought would never come, the kids counted down and recounted down (and got very impatient towards the end when the date changed five times) and the day finally came when we got to have our super awesome Daddy (well Hubby for me) come home from his nearly 7 month deployment. 

This isn't about a party, so normally I wouldnt post about military ho-rah....but hey, I went cra-zeee come homecoming time and decided to share all the awesome craftivities with ya'll.

So, where do I begin? Lets see...I guess it all started with a scrap piece of wood and some spray paint....
And pretty much anyone can tell you that I am a little haywire when it comes to spray paint. I dragged the wood out to my driveway and sprayed it black (I even left a nice black box outline for the hubby to clean when he comes home since I didn't have the foresight to lay down cardboard first) and then let that dry, and stuck some awesome vinyl cutouts I did to create the final Welcome Home sign for the door. 
BTW I sell these in my shop now if you want one for your awesome lovie, too. 

Then I moved on to some wicked cool red, white and blue woven headbands with removable korker bows. I think these came out pretty cute, and if you want a tutorial, they are actually pretty simple. Call me crazy, but watching a YouTube video will not teach me anything besides how to burn my hair off, so here is an actual tutorial for you, step by step. If you prefer to learn video style, check here.

 Then I cut out some stars, by hand because self-torture is truly the preferred way to show your love....and glued some little gift bow thingies onto the bottoms. Pretty sure this little craft was dollar store funded, all the way. 
  Here is a picture of my house, outside, you cant tell from here but there is actually another banner on the garage door, and a sign in the grass. My neighbors probably thought I was either crazy, or my hubby was gone for years, with the amount of enthusiasm I showed here. Actually, I was just hoping for some one important enough to notice all the bling...maybe Desperate Landscapes would show up or something. You never know.
  And here is the inside of my house. Went straight to the Dollar Tree and had them blow up 30 red, white and blue balloons. The lady at the counter nearly keeled over when I said "5 red, 5 white, 5 blue, 5 striped, 5 stars, wait....how many is that??? Add 5 more...."
  And last but definitely not least (save the best for last) the girls totally rocked it out in their matching ensemble. They looked fabulous in their headbands but seriously, it was the shirts that everyone was raving about, had them made custom by Sawyer's Closet, who does all of my embroidery for literally every holiday shirt I have done. 
 And after all of that planning and preparation, not counting the tags we had to get to help the inlaws get on the base, the hours waiting for the plane to arrive (late) and the nagging to make sure the girls' skirts were not tucked into their tights every ten minutes when they had to pee again, our HERO was finally home.


No comments:

Post a Comment